I mentored 14 wonderful pre-incubator AI startups recently at Bucharest AI Incubator.
Here are the 14 lessons I learnt from that amazing experience!
- There is NO limit to your dreams, ideas and innovation.
- Technology is a tool that can be used to solve problems. The solution, the idea is at heart and technologies like AI, industry 4.0 tools, 5G, they support the idea (and help you achieve the results).
- You learn a tremendous amount from the mentees!
- Ask questions! (always)
- The power of communication and networking is underrated (soft skills are SUPER important).
- There’s beauty in simplicity.
- Two steps forward, one step backward is good. It’s actually better than good, it’s great.
- The rule of 80%. Act when you are 80% prepared.
- Believe in your idea and in yourself.
- Observe. Learn. Adapt.
- Manage your time.
- Prioritise your mental and physical health (we don’t wanna be burnt out).
- You don’t need anything extraordinary to make a difference.
- Failures or setbacks are absolutely OK.
And a bonus;
It is all about the people. Choose the right people to work with.
(however, that definition of ‘right’ is absolutely subjective based on your requirements)